Happy Friday! What are you up to this weekend? I’m going to a barbeque tonight and sleeping in tomorrow, something I rarely ever do. I think it’s going to be good.
Janna and I had an excellent friend getaway on Whidbey Island, and I’ll be posting some photos and recipes soon. Highlights from our little sojourn include:
* Avocado enchiladas, made from scratch. As delicious as they sound. Expect that recipe soon.
* Decorating J.’s wedding invitations with glitter. We looked like drag queens by the end of this crafts project.
* Bald eagle sighting! Such a majestic bird. And no, I’m not going all Bill O’Reilly on you, I promise.
* Exercise T.V.’s class “Booty Poppin’.” I’ll spare you the sordid details, but upon our discovery, we had to participate, didn’t we?
* Young Victoria. We inevitably cried when Prince Albert dies. (Such a good man! Let’s ignore the fact that films inevitably romanticize historical figures, okay?)
Wishing you a wonderful weekend! Here are a few of my favorite recent discoveries… lv, molly
This quinoa recipe. Apples, walnuts, scallions = yum. I made it again yesterday…
Thai-Basil Sangria. J. and I replaced the basil with mint, and that was delicious too. Possibly the most delicious sangria I’ve ever had, which may explain why I had a lot of it.
These shoes. They look comfy and perfect for summer.