How are you spending today? I have the day off!
Unfortunately, I have a case of unrelenting grumpiness that will only be solved by the following measures:
1. attempt to decipher this note from Pablo Picasso to Gertrude Stein
2. wear an overly fancy dress, go downtown to see the Picasso exhibit, stare longingly at paintings and wondering what he was really like
3. run really far, really quickly (I’m aiming for 9 miles today)
4. start to wash the daunting pile of laundry that has taken over my coat closet
5. watch Elf
6. bake a pecan pie with Elana + eat said pie
It’s possible I will only manage to accomplish 3 of the previous 6. But #6 is non-negotiable.
Expect a knock-your-socks-off pecan pie recipe this afternoon. lv, molly
Oh, and sing this song… I know I’ve written about my love affair with Cat Power before.