It’s been… 5 months (if I were a stickler for accuracy, I’d say 6, but I’m going to choose 5 because that sounds better).
Thank you for the kind messages inquiring about my whereabouts/ whether or not I was still alive. I am, in fact, very much alive, as evidenced by this post! My last post was entitled “engagement raspberry crisp,” which, for those of you who are adept at making inferences, is a good clue as to where I’ve been. In more detail, for those of you who care, here’s what’s been up:
1. Wedding planning/ pretending that Pinterest is a legit wedding planning tool
2. We bought a house! (I wanted to write “We bought a zoo!,” a sad allusion to that Matt Damon movie, but we didn’t buy a zoo… it’s a normal– but very cute– single family home)
3. Teaching American Literature, which I’ve never taught before, to 11th graders, whom I’ve never taught before
4. Decorating said house/ doing home-improvement projects with Christian
5. Feeling guilty about how long it’s been since I’ve posted on here/ brushing off Christian’s suggestions that I should post on here
And now I am here! I felt a tinge of joy as I opened the “add new post” page. This space has always been a nice refuge for me, a place to share good recipes with each other, a place where I can indulge my passion for health and cooking, a space where I don’t have to play teacher/ social worker for the few minutes that I log on.
I truly hope you had a wonderful holiday season. In the next post (in, say, 15 minutes) I’m going to share what I made for Christmas dinner. Lots of love to you and yours!